Werner Herzog

He's great. Some excerpts from this:

A journalist writing on the Internet when I did the film My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done, and David Lynch was the executive producer. And it said, beautifully, 'The potentially insane David Lynch is finally teaming up with the certified insane Werner Herzog.'

The last half century, almost every single important cultural trend and technological trend originated from California—like computers, like the free-speech movement, like accepting gay and lesbian people as an integral part of society...on and on and on. Los Angeles, he likes to tell people, is the only city in America with any real substance.

3 comments:

  1. heh. love that second quote, because here I was thinking LA's defining characteristic is a certain lack of substance, and all those things he mentioned happened in the bay area. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herzog is great - I love the urgency in his voice for the trailer. Thanks for posting about it - I didn't know he had made another film since the one about Antarctica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Werner's voice is my favorite ever.

    ReplyDelete