Good Content

When I am running, cleaning, or driving I often listen to talks and speeches of various sorts to keep me occupied and, hopefully, to make me a little smarter. This post is really just rewording an email I sent to a friend telling him that I uploaded some files that we had talked about.

  • The Moth: website, podcast link; zipped full archive here; 10-20 minute stories told live by “professional” story-tellers (everyone from academics to comedians).
  • SALT: website, podcast link; archive from podcast link, or zipped partial archive here; 60-90 minute speeches that fit in with the title “Seminars About Long-term Thinking”, with long-term meaning the next 10,000 years.
  • On the Media: website, podcast link; archive from podcast link; 50 minute meta-news--news about the news including media, media coverage, media bias, conflicts of interest, etc.
  • Maxwell: from lds and byu speeches; (almost) all spoken and written talks zipped here.
  • Eyring: from lds and byu speeches; (almost) all spoken and written talks zipped here.
  • Mormon Stories: website, podcast link; selected episodes here; hundreds of interviews with Mormons of all stripes, some pushing their own agenda and biases a lot more forcefully than others, lots of chaff but some grain.

EDIT: Updated the links so they aren't broken. Files uploading overnight, may be a while until they are all online.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a bumper sticker and thought of you: "Alcohol and Calculus don't mix, don't drink and derive." I feel like this post supports my brain trail.

    ReplyDelete