Hiatus

Blogs, what is they good for? I really don't know anymore. I haven't even signed into my google analytics to see if anyone still checks here for updates. But we will see if my much abused audience of about 7 people come back or not.

At the beginning of the year I ran away to Utah to hide and work on my thesis. The good news is that it has been one of my more productive periods in the last five years or so. There really is no bad news. Just that good news. I should be finishing up shortly and (finally) moving on to something a bit different in my life. I don't think I am a professional academic. I am just glad I figured that out before I stumbled my way into a doctoral program.

Since I basically cut off all social contact and temporarily moved to an empty house in the Salt Lake suburbs (my parent's place that they don't use because they are living overseas at the moment), I needed a way to keep myself sane.

I can only write, read, and research so much a day before I start writing nonsense. Some days I have had to throw out several hours worth of work because it was just junk. So--skipping the rest of this long-winded intro--I returned to what I did best as a kid.

And what I did best as a kid was getting into my dad's tools while he wasn't there and working all manner of mischief. I did a small project putting shelves up in the laundry room, but I wanted to find something a little more involved than buying pre-finished parts from massive big-box stores and putting a screw in the wall.

I was a bit frustrated because although there are plenty of tools in the garage, there is really no place to work. After the ah-ha moment, I decided to build a work bench. And like some of my other projects, this has grown a bit over time. It's not done yet, but I have some pics.

Plus, I wanted to try out some new photo-editing software that my friend Tom put out: Camerabag2. So photo (bombs) away.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are posting again. I've missed you. I am excited to see your finished project too. I always hoped you would come visit me and build me some furniture. You're welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete