An Apology: Out of My Element

Oh, the tangled (inter)web I weave!
When first I blogged to deceive.

After a rough 16 hour day a few weeks ago, I violated a personal moral standard I have lived by since childhood--do not blog after midnight. Intoxicated by MSG-laden Chinese food, angered by drunk tourists in my elevator, and emboldened by wireless networks winging their way into my room I blogged in error.

What was riotously funny to me at the time, apparently is unintelligble or uncool to others. Frankly, I was out of my element.

Equity Private raised a number of questions in her post regarding who I am and the nature of our relationship. I aim only to convince her I am a savory character up to some good. I am often gruntled and quite consolate. I am, after all, something to sneeze at, someone you could easily hold a candle to, someone who usually arouses bridled passion.

Though I have not met her, I imagine EP to be a descript person, a woman in a state of total array. Her hair is likely kempt, her clothing probably shevelled, and she undoutedbly moves in a gainly way.

I acted with strong givings by implying a deep, committed relationship existed between us. This is in error. Only toward and heard-of behavior will do, so I must admit that this promptu creation is false.

EP, how can I advertently abuse you of the notion that I am sipid?



The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what are you talking about?
Walter Sobchak: What are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.
The Dude: Walter, this isn't a guy who built the railroads here. This is a guy...
Walter Sobchak: What are you talking about?
The Dude: Walter, he peed on my rug!
Donny: He peed on the Dude's rug.
Walter Sobchak: Donny you're out of your element!

from » the-dude dept

2 comments:

  1. Stay away from that Chinese food....(is that what they are calling it nowadays) ha ha just kidding. You had us fooled here though. We were all excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know the sequence of events by which EP found out that she was(n't) dating you? PS I love how you have the comments on the main page.

    ReplyDelete