The War Is Upon Us

Kitten Wars! What a beautiful concept. A webpage serves up two random kittens and you vote on who is the cutest. Be sure to check out the winningest kittens and the rejects.

As one friend put it, my semi-secret cat fetish is out. I admit, I spend a fair amount of time on this site. One of my favorite features, or course, is their faq. One reader asks if he can copy their code. The response, however, points out some unique features of kittenwars.com:

"It was custom coded for kittens anyway, and you'd get all kinds of horrible errors if you tried to use it to measure the relative cuteness of other things."

This page is particularlly useful to browse on your mobile device. For example, on the ride up to my apartment, while doing my civic duty to vote for cute kittens, I managed to strike up a conversation with a particularly attractive neighbor by asking her which kitten she would pick. A real ice-breaker, this one...



Avid » Cool readers of course will know that while I love kittens, I don't particularly care for cats. I like them only insomuch as they kill rats and mice. For many many years now I have postulated that cats belong outside so they can kill said vermin, which I have loathed from childhood.

However, I am willing to concede a corollary to this theory. Cats also belong in sinks. And basins.

Luckily, I have found a support group dedictated to felines under faucets: www.catsinsinks.com. What's it about, you might ask. Well, luckily the site has anticipated just such a question.

"It's about cats. And kittens. Who like sinks. And basins."

Make sure to check it out--it is the only place on the internet that has a dedicated "Show Me Another Cat In A Sink" button.


from » klinker & cosmo dept

3 comments:

  1. i love cats - bruce is not a cat person - however i love bruce more than i love cats - so i will have to wait for bruce to die - then i will get a cat. maybe one of the rejects from kitten wars. as long as it's siamese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem with a kitten is that, eventually it becomes a cat.--my favorite poem by Ogden Nash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you didn't add a warning--those losingest kittens are some of the UGLIEST creatures ever!
    Cats should not come in the hairless variety.
    PS This is Liz, I'm just abusing Jason's account to give him a bad name. He would never say such mean things about kittens.

    ReplyDelete